Sunday, April 11, 2010

Memory Issues And Last Whatevers

Okay. Now I've posted a link on Facebook to this site. I think I did that so successfully that I'm going to have to actually write something here now. Over the past week, I have...

I have...

I, uh...forget what I was going to say.

Just like that.

This is my new reality. I can't seem to focus or think clearly. I'm sort of moving through time and not really feeling like I'm "in" it.

Oh. Now I remember.

I have read some other blogs from previous teacher trainees and I have found them to be most helpful in many ways. Most are comforting and I can relate to many of the people who had many of the same feelings I am experiencing the week just prior to leaving.

Except for the memory thing. I haven't come across anyone who's had that yet. And, I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna actually need the memory thing because I have forty-four pages of dialogue to memorize here.

The bedroom project that we undertook in January is now at a stage where we can stop and live like adults instead of feeling like college students with our clothing in cardboard boxes. The second floor is now back to normal and my life does not involve painting, sanding, spackling, or glazing any/all walls and furniture from the room. Thank goodness. I have this week to pack, go to yoga class, study dialogue, and get together with friends and family.

And think about how everything I'm doing is the "last insert-whatever-activity-you-like" here. I'm starting this thinking in my head already. This is my "last Sunday night at home" for a while. Next Sunday I'll be in Las Vegas. Me.

I'm looking forward to a week of "lasts." I find myself appreciating them more, whatever they are. Last Sunday morning of church and Panera with Mark and Mag.

Last Sunday to make the school lunches for the week. Oh oh. Which I forgot to do. See the part about the memory issues above!

Gotta go and make my to-do list for tomorrow. It's the "last Monday I'll have to myself" for a while. Need to write down what I want to accomplish. So I won't forget it all!

2 comments:

  1. Vegas, baby! Don't forget to pack some bling, in case they let you out of your stretchy yoga stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already saved this link. Will be your stalker....

    ReplyDelete